Needing More IT Support In Anaheim, But Not Sure Whether To Opt For In-House Or Outsourced? We Weighed The Pros And Cons Of Each Option For Your Business.
No organization can survive in today’s ultra-competitive business world without taking care of their IT. And while most business leaders understand this, deciding between hiring in-house or outsourcing IT support in Anaheim continues to be an ongoing debate. To help you make the decision for yourself, let’s take a look at some of the main pros and cons of each option.
Pros and Cons of Hiring In-House
Most of the pros and cons of hiring an in-house team for IT support in Anaheim are obvious. As for the pros, they include:
- Control. You get to decide who does what and when they do it when it comes to IT support.
- Immediate Assistance. Since your team is typically on-site throughout the day, issues (especially physical repairs) can often be resolved faster by an in-house team.
- Minimal Learning Curve. If you already have an established in-house team, switching to outsourced IT support in Anaheim will likely result in a time period where you and your team will need to adjust to the change.
As for the cons, they include:
- Cost. The cost of hiring for individual in-house tech roles is often considerably higher than outsourcing.
- Lack of Expertise. With a small in-house team, you’re often limited to operating around their skillset.
- Recruiting and Hiring. The hiring process can be both expensive and extremely time-consuming.
If this list aligns with your business’s needs, In-House IT support may be the best choice for you.
Pros and Cons of Outsourcing IT Support in Anaheim
With an outsourced team, there are a whole new set of advantages and disadvantages. The pros include:
- Cost and Customization. Since most contracts with IT service providers are customized to your exact needs, the costs are typically considerably lower than hiring a full-time staff. In addition, companies that provide IT support can often help you get significant discounts on software and cloud solutions.
- Broad Expertise. Managed service providers generally have specialists in each area of IT. This allows them to work together to solve challenges that your in-house team may not have the skills or knowledge to handle.
- Policies, Processes, and Procedures. Successful managed service providers understand how IT works within different businesses and have streamlined policies, processes, and procedures to ensure your IT is up to snuff.
Some of the cons of outsourcing your IT support in Anaheim include:
- Lack of Knowledge About Your Company. Most MSPs work with dozens, hundreds, or even thousands of other companies. And while this gives them a unique perspective on how your IT should work, it makes it impossible for them to know as much about your business as your in-house staff would.
- Lack of Immediate Assistance. When it comes to physical repairs, you’ll typically have to wait for a tech to be dispatched to your location before the issue can be resolved.
If your business doesn’t rely heavily on specialized technology to carry out most of your business functions, outsourced IT support in Anaheim will probably offer enough support for your business.
Making the Decision Between In-House or Outsourced IT Support
At the end of the day, the decision about which option to go with is yours. If you’d like to find out more about whether outsourcing your IT support in Anaheim is a good option for your business, we’d love to chat. To get setup with your free consultation, simply fill out the contact form on our website and our team will be in touch ASAP.
We look forward to hearing from you!