Thinking About IT Outsourcing in Nashville? Weigh The Pros And Cons For Your Business.
When you’re running a small business, the responsibilities are often endless. And while most small business owners understand that they (and their early employees) need to be scrappy multi-taskers in the early stages of a business, maintaining this approach long-term can stunt growth. In these instances, outsourcing tasks such as IT can often save businesses a great deal of time and money. To help you decide whether or not IT outsourcing in Nashville is right for your business, let’s take a look at some of the main pros and cons of making the investment.
The Pros of Outsourcing Your IT
The main advantage of IT outsourcing in Nashville is the ability to reduce and control costs. Hiring an in-house IT manager will cost your business about $85k per year. And that’s just for a single employee. With outsourced IT, on the other hand, you’re often given access to dozens of IT specialists that are available to assist you with any technology issue that you come across.
Some of the pros of IT outsourcing in Nashville include:
- Allowing you, and your employees, to get back to what you do best
- Access to high-level IT talent at a fraction of the price of hiring in-house
- Predictable fees that allow you to control costs
- Time savings and increased productivity when employees are trained by professionals
- Discounts on software, hardware, and IT equipment
- Reduced risk by allowing experienced professionals to handle your IT needs
- Increased ability to scale efficiently
In addition, most IT providers offer flat-rate monthly fee packages that are customized based on the unique needs of your business.
The Cons of Outsourcing Your IT
Even though investing in IT outsourcing in Nashville is a great investment for most small businesses, it will require you to make a few sacrifices. Some of the potential disadvantages of outsourcing your IT include:
- Not having an on-site IT staff can lead to longer wait times to fix complex tech issues, so proximity is important.
- Getting locked into a contract with an inexperienced and ineffective IT provider can cost you tens of thousands of dollars.
- The confidentiality of business data can be compromised if your IT provider has not taken proper cyber security measures.
While these are all potential disadvantages of outsourcing, you can often avoid these issues by performing extensive due diligence before choosing an IT provider.
Is Outsourcing Your IT the Right Move for Your Business?
If you’d like to find out more about whether or not IT outsourcing in Nashville is right for your business, we’d be happy to chat. At CMIT Solutions, we provide outsourced IT for dozens of small businesses throughout Nashville and the surrounding areas. And we’d love to do the same for you. To schedule your free consultation and discuss if it’s the right fit for you, simply fill out the short contact form on our website or give us a call directly.
We look forward to talking with you!