Working with a provider of managed services in Chicago is one of the smartest things you can do for your business.
A managed service provider (MSP) offers remote support to your IT infrastructure. They’re used by businesses of all sizes, but are especially helpful for small to medium-sized businesses that lack the funds to have a full-time in-house IT staff.
Managed services in Chicago help you get the management of your IT that you need without breaking the bank. Some specialize in data storage or certain markets, while others offer a vast array of comprehensive services.What are the three most important reasons your business needs a managed services provider in Chicago?
1. Saving Money
It might seem as if paying for an additional service is going to cost you more money. However, many businesses find that over the long run, contracting with a provider of managed services in Chicago is one of the best ways to save your business money.
Most providers charge an upfront fee with an ongoing flat monthly fee, so you’re able to budget for your IT needs. You won’t need to worry about getting hit with a big IT charge during months when a lot of things go wrong.
Another great reason to hire a provider of managed services in Chicago is that it gives you access to experienced IT support and guidance. This means you’ll enjoy greater accuracy and reduce your risks by relying on people who make IT their full-time focus.
Even if you have people on your team who deal with IT, it’s rarely their primary duty in a small business. Most IT people who work for small businesses – or own small businesses – end up being Jacks of all trades.
By working with a managed services provider, you get someone who is an expert specialist who can work full-time to keep your IT running smoothly. Additionally, you’ll get someone who ensures you’re meeting all government obligations and regulations with your IT data storage and security.
3. Access to Tools
The amount of IT support products available today are overwhelming for many business owners. This is especially true for those who own small to medium-sized businesses and are trying to juggle numerous responsibilities.
Managed services providers offer different categories of services, including:
- Round-the-clock monitoring of different applications, network devices, servers, and websites.
- Remote support that includes cloud-based software, device support, and troubleshooting
- Proactive support that keeps you up-to-date on maintenance and helps you stop problems before they start
- Centralized management that keeps everything organized, consistent, and in one place
- Schedule maintenance, so you don’t have to think about getting IT support on the schedule to prevent problems
- Simple billing options that help you budget and know when payments are due
Most small to medium-sized businesses will choose from one of the three following types of managed services in Chicago:
- Pure-play MSPs that are smaller and focus on network and application monitoring and performance
- Staffing legacy MSPs that are best for medium-sized businesses and offer a range of services including reporting, monitoring, and software installation and upgrade
- High-level MSPs that work with all sized businesses and help their clients outsource as much of their IT support as possible
To learn more about how CMIT Solutions can help your small business, contact us today!