Why organizations use Managed IT Services?
Organizations look to trusted MSPs to manage cost, reduce complexity, improve service quality and mitigate technology risks, while meeting the demands of business growth and taking advantage of technology innogvations
1. Cost reduction:
MSP costs lower than in-house team. Their cost Infrastructure and overhead to technical staff are shared across multiple customers
2. Access to skills
MSPs reduce skills-related risk as they have skilled individuals. MSPs pool and use their resources among multiple customers, offering greater skill diversity than they might achieve for themselves at a lower cost point.
3. Better service LEVEL and reduced risk
MSPs can cost-effectively develop the tools, processes and governance required to deliver reliable services. The experience gained from multiple deliveries can rarely be matched in-house.
4. Flexibility and scalability
MSPs can scale the scope, size and range of managed services as per needs. This helps companies align IT with operating requirements and speeds up time to market.
5. Access to technology innovation
MSPs have the skills and resources to implement new technologies quicker, enabling clients to more readily exploit IT innovations such as cloud, analytics and mobility that can provide new business value.
6. Improved security and compliance management
MSPs reduce risks related to security, business continuity and compliance with associated regulations. They bring time-tested processes, procedures and infrastructure resources to recover critical systems and data.
7. Capital expense reduction
Cloud and managed services free up capital by shifting costs to operating expenses.
8. Increased efficiency
MSPs can deliver new value in multicloud environments by helping you plan, procure, govern and manage IT services across multiple cloud models and suppliers.
What can a Managed Service Provider (MSP) do?
With consumers increasingly empowered with 24×7 information, businesses are undergoing digital transformation using cloud, mobile and analytics. This results in hybrid IT infrastructure which is complex to manage, but IT budget is not growing proportionally.
MSPs can provide unique value by adopting and making the best use of technology innovation and provide continuous improvement and cost reduction over time, while partnering on project demands and scaling up resources as required
– 72% of firms engaging an MSP do not downsize their internal IT and engage them in higher value add services
– 70% CIOs looking for growth and partnership when looking for MSP
– Total value add and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) has many components
– Cheapest option does not necessarily translate to overall Cost to Value optimization
– Flexibility and transparency are important. As business grows, cheapest MSPs will either not be able to sustain their SLA, Or have to increase elsewhere
Top 10 criteria for Managed IT Service Provider (MSP)
01. Deep skills and experience
A managed services provider’s skills should go beyond basic system and Network support. They should have skills to manage change, virtualization, high availability, middleware and databases, multiple network technologies, cross-platform integration, mobility, security and cloud technologies. Along with traditional IT, MSPs should have deep expertise of Cybersecurity, Cloud, Application, Mobility, Cross platform integration, Strategic transformation.
02. Proactive approach
The MSP should have a proactive approach to emphasize problem prevention and continuous improvement. With advanced analytics technology they can prevent incidents and detect future patterns. MSP should also have advanced back-end technology across all offered services for alert mechanisms, automated workload categorization and prioritization, incident escalation and remediation.
03. Alignment with ITIL standards
A key to achieve a more reliable, highly available IT infrastructure is to optimize IT service and management with ITIL standard. MSP should align to ITIL for service management, incident, configuration, capacity and performance management as well as reporting.
04. Knowledge management
MSP should have well documented policies and procedures and should explain how they are replicated across multiple delivery centers. Consistent service delivery is built through processes which are clearly scripted and repeatable. Look for a security-rich, web-based portal that consolidates related services into a single dashboard with access to real-time service visibility, online tools for managing services and flexible reporting capabilities.
05. Multi-vendor & multi-cloud support and relationships
Today’s IT infrastructures composed of hardware, software, network products and clouds from a variety of vendors. A MSP should be working with multivendor, multi-cloud hybrid environments. MSPs with wide range of vendor relationships should be able to play the role of broker, helping you plan, buy, manage and operate across multiple cloud models and providers that provide the best fit for your business.
06. Consistent delivery across locations
Choose a managed services provider which is present in multiple locations and has the ability to scale up with your operations. It should have consistent project and service delivery across all locations and rapid ramp up in case of expansion.
07. Performance based SLAs
The services provider should be willing to commit contractually to meeting your service-level requirements and back up those commitments with financial penalties or other consequences if those SLAs are not met. It should be focused on outcome driven SLA for you not internal process driven.
08. Broad portfolio of services for business
To meet with continually changing IT and business demands, you need MSP which has the flexibility to add managed services without adding unnecessary cost and complexity to your sourcing strategy. They must have flexibility to combine current and new infrastructure. Managed services must have the capability to transform Cloud, Cybersecurity, Mobility and Disaster recovery to match business requirements.
09. Stability and reputation
Whether you are considering a short-term, or a long term relationship with MSP, a track record and reputation check of MSP is crucial. You must check industry footprint and client reputation before collaborating any MSP
10. Foresight and innovation
Before considering any MSP, get insights on future trends and market shift and ask potential MSP to back up their claims with customer references and quantified success metrics. MSP should offer partnering opportunity to improve business efficiency and develop new models for expansion.
CMIT’s capabilities as an end-to-end MSP
According to IBM, below are the top 10 recommended criteria to select an effective Managed IT Service Provider (MSP):
01 Deep skills and experience
- CMIT’s 1000+ engineers network offers deep expertise across all aspects of IT
- Beyond standard infrastructure support, CMIT provides Cloud, Application, Mobility and digital transformation
02 Proactive approach
- CMIT’s 24/7 proactive monitoring backed by Advanced Threat Intelligence and Experts
- Service delivery framework and processes are designed for proactive IT management
03 Alignment with ITIL standards
- CMIT aligns with ITIL standard for high availability, service management, incident, configuration, capacity and performance management
04 Consistent process, knowledge management and visibility
- CMIT follows well documented policies and procedures
- We have security rich portal consolidating services information in a single dashboard
05 Multi-vendor & multi-cloud support and relationships
- CMIT partners with 60+ leading vendors of the industry to offer you the best possible solution
- We can use our volume purchase agreement to optimize your cost while retaining high quality
06. Consistent global delivery across with local support
- With our national presence across 250 locations and 1100+ engineers we can cover you everywhere
- As your business grows, we can do rapid ramp up and provide you a consistent and quality services
07 Performance based SLAs
- CMIT SLAs are outcome based, such as time to resolve issues
- SLA of each service and tier is detailed in contract in clear and non-technical language
08 Broad portfolio of services aligned to your business model
- Beyond standard Managed services, we offer full spectrum of IT solutions, e.g. Cloud, Mobility, AI/ML based cyber security
- Our App. Development, Hosting and ERP and process redesign will help you scale as your business grows
09 Stability and reputation
- For the last 25 years CMIT is providing IT services and solutions to small and medium businesses
- Our national presence and deep industry experience can bring insights and best practices from your peers
10 Foresight and innovation
- Our constant research and development will provide you the latest technology and keep up to date
- We do extensive validation of new technologies before delivering to you ensuring better experience and quality
11. Business Continuity Planning and Execution.
- An emergency shows how prepared is your IT service provider in anticipating and being proactive to deal with such situation
- Working remotely increases probability of security breaches exponentially. Businesses need to evaluate from this experience that how well prepared their IT were to deal with such situation
- A proactive IT services could rapidly ramp up a productive and secured remote team, while businesses with reactive and tactically focused IT would struggle to keep up with their operations. This is the true value of proactive IT management