We are an established Managed IT Services provider based in the South Bay, with clients on the Peninsula and in Silicon Valley. We are seeking an experienced and passionate Desktop Administrator who thrives in a fast pace start-up mode. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged. You must have genuine passion, drive and care for the environment. This is an exciting full-time opportunity with a potential career growth.Our client is currently seeking a Desktop Administrator to join their team in Bay area.
The Desktop Administrator position within the IT Operations team will be on the front lines of IT systems support. IT Desktop Technicians will be the face of IT for internal customers. The primary task of this position will be to troubleshoot and resolve endpoint issues, install and support the systems, and assist with the day-to-day operations for global IT infrastructure and provide support towards growth initiatives. These duties will be performed in compliance with policy guidelines and within timeframes as defined in the team’s SLAs and/or project requirements.
Provide day-to-day delivery and technical support for end-users of desktop applications, telephones, handheld email devices, printers and computer hardware.
- 50% Engineers, tests, deploys and manages corporate image for Windows, Apple and Linux
- 10% Administration of Printer and File shares
- 20% Administration of End of point management systems.
- 10% Tests and validates new hardware
- 10% performs other duties as necessary
Requirements – Education:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent training/education
Knowledge and Experience:
- Requires 8+ years’ experience in desktop support
- Knowledge of Windows environment and computer hardware and software at an advanced or expert level
- Experienced in remote customer support including wireless LAN access, VPN, DSL, and Cable services.
- Experience in Backups, Active Directory, Exchange 2010\2013, and Windows server environments
- Experienced in supporting PDA’s via Mobile Device Management ( Droid, iPhone and iPad).
- Experienced in supporting senior level executives
- Experienced in Altiris, Microsoft SCCM and Casper Suite (Imaging, packaging, scripting)
Licenses and Certifications:
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- HDI PreferredM
- ITIL Foundation
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties including Company management and outside business associates
- Strong attention to details with excellent follow up.
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelines\standards
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow and to meet established timeframes
- Ability to maintain updated knowledge of procedures, products and activities of assigned area
- Ability to adhere/respond to established time frames and schedules
- Ability to operate a personal computer and related software
- Ability to work overtime, weekend and after hours along with an on call rotation.
Problem Solving and Decision Making:
- Work is performed under general direction; participates in determining objectives of assignment; work is reviewed for adequacy in meeting objectives
- Ability to hear and speak to employees and outside business associates on the phone and in person
- Ability to see the letters and numbers on a personal computer screen and on memos, reports and other documents (near vision)
- Ability to lift and push/pull up to 25 lbs
- Requires moderate right and left hand coordination for the use of the personal computer
- Occasional travel to and from offices both domestically and internationally may be required
If you are interested or know of anyone who might be a good fit, please forward resume to email@example.com.