Have you been researching data protection in Portland? If so, you’re on the right track to ensuring your business’s continuity. Data protection is one of the most crucial parts of any business plan because nearly every business in the world uses, stores, and shares some type of data daily. Making sure that your data is protected against would-be cyber criminals can be the difference between success and failure. Proper data protection doesn’t have to be difficult. Here are six ways you can ensure that your business’s precious data is protected.
- Know what’s important. The first step to data protection in Portland is knowing what you really need to protect. To find out what’s important, you need to know when data is collected, how it’s created, where it’s stored, and how it moves through your system. The stuff that’s really important is any document that contains sensitive information like employee records, client specifics, payment details, proprietary data, and even marketing information. This data in the wrong hands can be detrimental to your business.
- Know your risks. Protection also begins with knowing your risks. Once you identify your risks you can make plans to eliminate them or at least protect yourself even more keenly against them. Every business has a unique risk profile and you can find yours out through using tools provided by the Federal Trade Commission and Small Business Association. Knowing your risk assessment is powerful information in the fight for data protection in Portland and beyond.
- Security isn’t just cyber. If you run a physical business, then on-site security matters too. Criminals aren’t just looking for ways to tap into your information online, they could also infiltrate your location – especially if you’re storing particularly valuable information. Invest in security guards, fencing, protected storage containers and units, and a security system. A little preparation can go along way in avoiding a data disaster.
- Prepare for the worst. If the worst occurs and you suffer a data breach, you need to have a plan to deal with it. This is where services for data protection in Portland come in handy. When you work with a professional IT company, they’ll make sure that you have solid backup processes and a recovery plan should the worst happen. Businesses of every size need to have a data disaster plan and working with professionals can provide even further protection.
- Get help. Which brings us to the last point: get help! You should be worried about running your business not coming up with data security plans. Leave that to the professionals. A company like CMIT Solutions can help you craft a plan for data protection in Portland and continually monitor your systems to ensure that they’re safe and functional. Outsourcing data protection not only provides extra backup for your business, but it offers a cost-effective IT solution that levels the playing field with competitors of all sizes.
If you have questions about data protection, or need help, let us know!