In today’s digital world, file sync and share options are everywhere—even if we don’t always know what they are. Consider how essential it is for you and your employees to have the ability to access, edit, and collaborate on documents in an efficient way. But just because you can access a document on the cloud and on premises doesn’t mean it’s safe, shareable, or even up to date.
Dropbox and Google Drive are some of the most common free options. Although these file sync and share options might work great for the average computer user, businesses require wider functionality, tighter version and synchronization controls, stricter reporting, and more robust security that’s in line with industry regulations.
But whether you’re on business halfway around the world or just taking a day-cation down at the beach, your files are your files, and you should have no trouble accessing or editing them—no matter where you are and no matter what device you’re using. In fact, file sync and share services should be so seamless that your out-of-office autoresponder becomes a thing of the past (if you want it to, of course).
Here are the top five reasons why enterprise-level file sync and share is so critical for business success:
1) It prioritizes version control and multi-user collaboration. The true measure of file sync and share success comes when you and your employees access the right version of the right document, when and where you need it. CMIT’s service simultaneously updates local and cloud servers when a file is updated, ensuring users across your office (and in the field) enjoy instant and reliable access.
2) It ensures complete visibility to all storage devices, on premises and in the cloud. Shareability is great—so long as it spans every device, every location, and every system, regardless of location, platform, or operating system. Anything less can increase redundancies and have a negative impact on efficiency.
3) It strikes the right balance between ease of use and privacy. CMIT’s file sync and share solution relies on comprehensive administrative features to provision users and manage access rights. But it also makes sure that your employees can access the documents they need, anytime they need them, to remain productive.
4) It achieves by-the-book compliance that maintains the integrity of your sensitive data. In some industries, security trumps accessibility. But CMIT’s file sync and share solution relies on secured and protected networks and centralized permission controls to strike just the balance needed to fulfill regulatory requirements and still retain usability.
5) It can provide real money-saving, productivity-boosting benefits to your business. Although free file sync and share services are tempting, we’ve found that they just don’t satisfy the needs of business owners. CMIT’s offering goes beyond the basics to give your business the anywhere, anytime tools it needs to succeed in today’s fast-paced world.
As business owners ourselves, we understand the need for 24/7 data access. That’s why we’re proud of our file sync and share solution—and proud of our ability to tailor a specific solution to your needs. If you want to leave the IT responsibilities to a trusted expert so that you can focus on working smarter and faster, contact us today.