2015 is almost a wrap. But before we dive in to the promising opportunities of 2016 and put the last 12 months behind us, let’s revisit the most popular QuickTips topics of 2015. CMIT Solutions hopes you have enjoyed a happy, safe, and productive holiday season, hopefully with love and laughter in the company of family and friends. See you in the new year!
1) 10 Tips and Tricks to Liven Up Your Next PowerPoint Presentation. Like its Word and Excel partners in the Microsoft Office productivity suite, PowerPoint is ubiquitous. As of 2012, Bloomberg Business estimated that the slide presentation software claims 95%…(Read more)
2) Adobe Flash Exploit Highlights the Need for Strong Network Security. Earlier this year, flaws were discovered in Adobe Flash Player that could allow malicious banner ads running on legitimate websites to infect unwitting computer users. These “malvertising” exploits…(Read more)
3) 5 Tips for Beefing Up the Security of Your Passwords. In last week’s QuickTip, we talked about PCI compliance and the importance of enacting more stringent security measures around credit card transactions. Guess what? Two days later…(Read more)
4) Recent Email Scheme Targets Business Executives and Financial Employees. Cyberattackers are adept at finding new ways to ply their nefarious trade—some of the more elaborate scams we’ve detailed over the years include fraudulent Microsoft support calls…(Read more)
5) Is Technology Driving You Crazy? We Understand—and We Can Help. Computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones, printers, servers… We can’t live without them, right? But they sure are notorious for causing major headaches. Perhaps you heard about the 37-year-old Colorado Springs man…(Read more)
6) 5 Tips for Smart and Safe Use of Back-to-School Technology. It’s an indisputable fact that kids are obsessed with technology. Look around next time you’re in a public place and you’ll see younger children playing games and watching movies on tablets, while older teens…(Read more)
7) Jumpstart Your Daily Routine by Organizing Your Desktop. With the back-to-school frenzy behind us and a change of seasons on the horizon, there’s no better time to give your work life a reboot. And believe it or not, technology can play an important part in that…(Read more)
8) How Proactive IT Services Can Help Improve Your Business’s Security. If 2014 was “The Year of the Breach,” with a whopping 43% of North American firms telling the Ponemon Institute that they experienced a hack in 2014, then what lies ahead…(Read more)
9) Historic Floods and Near-Miss from Hurricane Joaquin Highlight the Need for Disaster Preparedness. Last week, historic rainfall devastated South Carolina, inflicting more than $1 billion in flood damage, breaching nearly 20 dams, and causing the deaths of 17 residents…(Read more)
10) 10 Ways to Get the Most Out of Microsoft Outlook. For many business owners and employees, Microsoft Outlook rules our day. We open it first thing in the morning to check and respond to waiting emails. We skim our calendars every hour to make sure we’re not missing any meetings…(Read more)
Looking to wrap 2015 up and kick 2016 off with a fresh focus on your business’ technology? Call or email CMIT Solutions today!